Books published during the month on the subject of British and Irish stately homes
(in publishing date order):
Coming in future months:
- The Arts and Crafts Country House, Archives of Country Life, by Clive Aslet (1 Nov).
- Dorset Country Houses: Volume Two by Michael Hill, & Volume One of 2008 (1 Nov).
- Hudson’s Historic Houses & Gardens 2012 by Heritage House Group (1 Nov).
- The Manor Reborn: The Transformation of Avebury Manor by Sian Evans (24 Nov).
- Historic Gardens of Herefordshire by Timothy Mowl, HGE series (Nov).
- Boconnoc: A Medieval & Georgian family house by Stephen Tyrrell (2011).
- The New English Country House by Neil Guy, revision of 2003 exhibition (2011).
- Pevsner Architectural Guides [click on work in progress text] (2011-12).
- Survey of London, Volume 48 – Woolwich, Volume 49 – Battersea (maybe 2011/12).
- Felling the Ancient Oaks: How England Lost its Great Country Estates by MR (1Jan12).
- Castles of Scotland by Martin Coventry, 5th edition, last in 2006 (1 Jan 2012).
- Petworth: The People and the Place by Christopher Rowell, NT via Scala (1 Feb 2012).
- Gertrude Jekyll by Twigs Way, Shire Library (10 Apr 2012).
- The Elizabethan Garden at Kenilworth by Anna Keay & John Watkins (30 Jun 2012).
- Jordan’s Guide to British Castles and Fortifications by Owen Jordan (31 Jul 2012).
- Building England: A History of English Architecture by Simon Thurley (30 Aug 2012).
- James Wyatt’s Decorative Style (biography) by J M Robinson, f/u The Wyatts (2012).
- First Woman Architect (Lady Elizabeth Wilbraham) by John Millar (2012).
- Early Decorative Plasterwork of Cornwall 1550-1670 by Stephen Tyrrell (2012).
- Winifred, Countess of Dundonald of Gwrych Castle, a biography by Mark Baker (2012)
anyone with information on her/family not in the 2003 etc books please contact Mark.