The top British and Irish stately home apartments and wings for sale:
(** denotes changes this month)
Apley Hall, Shropshire, England
Principal house, £1.75m, 10 acres, built 1811 for Thomas Whitmore by John Webb (flats 2007), Grade II*, gardens unlisted, Savills, brochure, satellite, website, school, last sold 2008 (£1.4m), launched Sep 2010, Country Seat, DiCamillo, Wiki.
Also for sale the Georgian House and the Courtyard House.
Westwood House, Worcestershire, England
The Saloon (Flat 4), £995,000, 2.5 acres, built 1600 (flats 1950s), Grade I, gardens Grade II, Hamptons, brochure, satellite, website, last sold 1999, launched Mar 2008 (£1.25m), Country Seat, DiCamillo, Wiki. Also for sale the Elizabethan Suite.
Tyninghame House, East Lothian, Scotland
West Wing, £1.45m, 38 acres, remodelled 1829 for 9th Earl of Haddington by William Burn (flats 1989), Category A, listed gardens, Rettie, Savills, brochure, satellite, last sold 1989, launched May 2010 (£1.65m), Country Seat, DiCamillo, Wiki.
Wormleybury Manor, Hertfordshire, England
The Adam Suite, £1.095m, built 1769/82 by Robert Mylne for Sir Abraham Hume, interiors 1779 by Robert Adam, Grade I, gardens Grade II, Dreampad, brochure, DiCamillo, Wiki. Also Osterley £525,000 and other £420,000.
Holme Eden Hall, Cumbria, England
February (Flat 2), £490,000, 1 acre, built 1837 for Peter Dixon by John Dobson (flats 2004), Grade II*, unlisted gardens, Strutt & Parker, brochure, satellite, website, photo, last sold 2009, launched Oct 2010, Country Seat, DiCamillo, Wiki.
Also for sale Flats 1, 6, 9, 10 and 12.
Summers Place, West Sussex, England
Flat 1, £895,000, 13 acres, 1865 re-built 1880 by John Norton (flats 2009), Grade II, gardens unlisted, Monkhouse, brochure, developer & brochure, Auctions, satellite, last sold 2009, launched 2010 (£950,000), Country Seat, DiCamillo, Wiki. (Flats 2 & 11).
New River Head, London, England
Chairman’s Office, £2.65m, 1 acre, built 1920 as Metropolitan Water Board HQ by (Herbert) Austen Hall (flats 1996) with c1693 water house’s Oak Room & ceiling (in situ 1886), Grade II, Modern House, Savills, Foxtons, satellite, Wiki.
Other apartments for sale:
- Burley On The Hill, Rutland, England – £2.25m, 67 acres ** New
- Charters, Berkshire, England – Parkinson wing, £7.5m, 20 acres, GII, launch 7 Sep.
- Rangemore Hall, Staffordshire – Edward VII Wing, £2.2m (£1.9m Mar), launch 4 Sep.
- Ampthill Park House, Bedfordshire, England – Ashburnham apartment, £1.3m.
- Wyfold Court, Oxfordshire, England – Apartment 4, £1.2m, 180 acres.
- Besford Court, Worcestershire, England – Apartment 7, £645,000.
- Goldings Hall, Hertfordshire, England – Apartment 1, £1,395,000.
- Belford Hall, Northumberland, England – Paine Apartment, £250,000, 32 acres.
- Temple Grove House, East Sussex, England – 14 flats, £495,000 to £750,000.
- Ecton Hall, Northamptonshire, England – Apartment 1, £319,995.
- Purley Magna, Berkshire, England – Top floor apartment, £795,000.
- Sheffield Park House, East Sussex, England – Apartment 12, £350,000.
- Lullingstone Castle, Kent, England – South Wing, £1.6m (per BBC TV series).
- Umberslade Hall, Warwickshire, England – Apartment 12, £365,000, 15 acres.
- Moorlands House, Somerset, England – Main part, £750,000, wing £795,000.
- Dingley Hall, Leicestershire, England – Tower House, £425,000, launch Sep.
- Chelwood Vachery, East Sussex, England – Number 3 Main House, £1.25m, 1 acre.
- Butleigh Court, Somerset, England – £750,000.
- Gosford Castle, County Armagh, Ireland – The Great Hall £525k, Bastian Gate £695k.
- Brasted Place, Kent, England – £820,000 and £595,000.
- Shenley Manor, Hertfordshire, England – Apt 5, £1.35m, launch 3 Mar 11 (£1.425m), formerly Porters Park (home of Nicholas Hawksmoor).